Dead Sea salts are full of minerals and the benefits of bathing in them are amazing! Here's a list of therapeutic benefits:
- Allergies: the bromide & magnesium in Dead Sea salts help relieve allergies by cleansing & detoxifying
- Aging: promotes cell regeneration & studies have shown a 40% reduction in the depth of wrinkling
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriac Arthritis & Osteoarthritis: minerals are absorbed while soaking, stimulating blood circulation thereby minimizing inflammatory response & reducing soreness & stiffness
- Acne, Psoriasis, Eczema & Dandruff: all are relieved with regular soaking, it's believed the high concentration of magnesium improves skin hydration and reduces inflammation
- Stress: soaking in these salts causes a drop in blood pressure & muscle relaxation
Dead Sea salts contain magnesium, calcium, potassium, bromides & sodium. Magnesium combats stress & fluid retention, slowing skin aging & calming the nervous system. The calcium is effective at preventing water retention, increasing circulation & strengthening bones & nails. Potassium energizes the body, helps to balance moisture & is a crucial mineral to replenish after exercise. Bromides ease muscle stiffness & relax muscles. Sodium is important for lymphatic fluid balance & immune system function.
So you can see why bathing in these salts are so incredibly beneficial. I started bathing my daughter in these salts when she was 18 months to aid in detoxing her from all the chemicals that had invaded her body in her short little life (see my Body Burden Blog). At that time I was unaware of all the uses these salts had. Take some time to pamper yourself, add a few tablespoons of Dead Sea salt to your bath & a few drops of your favorite essential oil & relax! Pooh bear toys are optional :)